Thursday, January 24, 2013

Overcoming Depression

Just thought I'd share this little tid-bit from 'The Power of A Praying Woman'--by Stormie Omartian.
 
'When I praised & worshipped God, it was like being hooked up to a spiritual IV. As long as I had my heart & eyes lifted to God in worhip & praise, the joy of the Lord poured into my body, mind, soul & spirit & crowded out the darkness & depression. It worked every time.'
 
'It amazed me that confusion, opression, fear or anxiety couldn't exist in the heart of a worshipping child of God. Eventually, I got free of depression completely.'
 
Five Ways to Praise the Lord
 
1. God wants us to sing our praises to Him. --Psalm 147:1
 
2. God wants us to lift our hands to Him. --Psalm 134:2
 
3. God wants us to speak our praise to Him. --Hebrews 13:15
 
4. God wants us to praise Him with dancing & instruments. --Psalm 149:3
 
5. God wants us to praise Him together with other believers. --Hebrews 2:12
 
 

No comments: