Saturday, December 06, 2008

It's snowing!

It's been looking like it was going to snow all afternoon & I just looked out a little bit ago & realized that it's just a-coming down. Really, really fine....but it's actually sticking to the wood pile & on the ground, so who knows. Makes it all the more Christmasy.....watching the snow, being cozied up inside by the wood stove, listening to Christmas music, sipping hot tea & working on my Christmas cards. Well, they are actually all done...I'm just writing in them now & stuffing envies as I go (they've BEEN addressed for weeks now). My plan was to get them in this afternoon's mail, but I guess I missed that deadline. Oh well, they'll be good to go on Monday & then I can check that one off my list.Jon got another doe yesterday afternoon. I've actually lost count now. With both boys AND Clay hunting....it all begins to blur together.
So proud of myself with my cards this year.....The only thing I bought was the actual cards/envies themselves....got them at Michael's a while back on sale for $4.99/50. Everything else is made totally from my scrap bag using stamps I already had & buttons/embellies from my stash. It was pretty fun taking stuff that wasn't necessarily 'Christmas' & making it work for Christmas cards!





3 comments:

Penny said...

great cards!! enjoy your snow!

Steph said...

Amy..your cards are just gorgeous! I love mine!

Kaye said...

I don't think I ever told you how much I loved your cards this past Christmas! They were so cute!!!