Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Take Three

Just finished reading this the other day & OMG! I swear each new book I read by Karen Kingsbury I rave on a little bit more than previous ones. She is such a gifted author with the ability of just sucking you into the story & completely transporting you to another place & time. I finish her books feeling like I KNOW the characters.....like they might be REAL people. I cry with them & rejoice with them......it's crazy, I know.....but I think it's because she's just THAT good at using the gift God has given her!

2 comments:

Patti said...

I was at a conference with Karen and she was telling the story of her husband coming home to find her crying. He asked why and she told him it was because one of the characters had died and she was so sad. His reply, Karen, your write the books. You didn't have to let her die. The point of the story was that the characters have become very real to Karen also and she weeps with them and rejoices with them.

Babydoll said...

I haven't read any of her books yet. I might just have to try one.