Wednesday, April 17, 2013

More Stuff

Was telling Maw this morning about a beautiful afghan that Aunt Linda gave me yesterday. The story behind it makes it extra-special. Seems she crocheted these granny squares when she was expecting her twins. Memaw put it together for her & did the border. But then she had a miscarriage & lost the twins. That was 36/38 years ago.....I can't remember exactly. But she had pulled it down from the shelf in her closet & asked if I wanted it. She said it wasn't doing her any good stuffed in her closet. What a special gift to receive......especially with the story that goes with it. This will certainly be loved & I'll be sure to pass the story down along with the afghan.
 
 
Three little Good Will finds that I picked up this past Friday. I love that little oval plate...very similar to the larger restaurant-type plate that Sarah gave me which I adore & use ALL the time. It's MY plate! And the little bitty dish....I picked up for a quarter. It sits on my kitchen table & that's what I put my vitamins/suppliments in each morning. And then the little pitcher.....I just fell in love with & besides it matches a larger one I have here that was Memaw's. This is sitting in my window sill now.....perfect for holding little spring blossoms.
Barefoot weather, folks. After reading tons of articles....I'm bare-footing all the time.
And Maw was asking about the Girls......how big were they getting, etc......
Before ya know it, they will graduate to the regular chicken house with the others.

No comments: