Saturday, July 17, 2010

Prayers for our Children

I ran across this in a devotional somewhere.....Girlfriends in God, most likely.....but anyway, I thought I'd share it here.



'I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. ' ~~III John 1:4 (NIV)



Pray that your children will:

~Know Christ as savior early in life. (Psalm 63:1, II Tim. 3:15)

~Have a hatred for sin. (Psalm 97:10)

~Be caught when guilty. (Psalm 119:71)

~Be protected from the evil one in each area of their lives: spiritual, emotional & physical. (John 17: 5)

~Have a responsible attitude in all their interpersonal relationships. (Daniel 6:3)

~Desire the right kinds of friends & be protected from the wrong friends. (Prov. 1:10-11)

~Be kept from the wrong mate & saved for the right one! (II Cor. 6: 14-17)

~Be kept pure until marriage (as well as the one they marry). (I Cor. 6:18-20)

~Learn to totally submit to God & actively resist Satan in ALL things! (James 4:7)

~Be single-hearted, willing to be sold out to Jesus Christ. (Rom. 12:1-2)

~Be hedged in so they cannot find their way to wrong people or wrong places & that the wrong people can't find their way to them!!! (Hosea 2:6)




I have another one that I'll post soon about how to pray for our husbands! There is awesome power in prayer!!

No comments: