Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Back to School

Welcome to the new challenges for August!!! This month at Cookin' Up Creations we are focusing on Back to School! And the first challenge was to use paint on our project. I chose to add some white acrylic paint to the edges of this fun summer layout. The pictures are from Aug. 1990.....where Chris was trying to get a drink from Maw's garden hose. It made me think of that song 'A Different World' by Bucky Covington........'No bottled water, we drank from a garden hose.'


Today's challenge had to do with getting NEW school supplies & so we were challenged to use our new or most recently acquired goodies. I chose to scrap some of my yard sale 'treasures' & I thought that went along perfectly with these new papers that I bought Friday with the 'treasure map' feel to them.



I cut all the cool arrows from on piece of paper & tore the map paper, crumpled, distressed & YES, I actually burned the edges of the paper to make it look like a real treasure map. I also used my little compass stamp too. Nothing like using your NEW stuff......no hoarding......just jump right in & USE it!!







1 comment:

Cindy Gay said...

I love Garden Hose. You made a great sun!