Saturday, August 06, 2011

Geometry

This past Thursday's Blue Plate Special at CUC was posted by the lovely Nicole:

I love Math... and always thought that I would be a math teacher until college when I fell in love with history and it just stuck. Today's challenge is all about Geometry. Dont get afraid, I'm not going to make you find the degree of an angle or the area of a circle... but we are going to learn to do something super fun with circles.

As many of you probably know I am a total junky for the manufacturer's blogs and galleries... I found this circle tutorial at Crate Paper's blog back in Feb. and now I get to share it with you.... but instead of me writing a whole new tutorial I am going to give you the link... have you pop over there and check it out.........Tutorial

And here's what I came up with for this challenge. A photo of sis & her family from this past Christmas. First of all, I used the woven circle template that I've been dying to use.....you can find the pattern HERE. Then I just started splattering paint & cutting/layering flowers from patterned paper. The above pleated circle tutorial was used to create that little flower directly under the chipboard heart. I did the pleats & then added another cut-out flower & finally a decorative brad in the center. This was definitely a FUN challenge & I'm so pleased with how it all turned out!




2 comments:

Gisela said...

I really like that layout, the colors are so perfect and the bird cage really complements it. Beautiful picture, also.
Regards from Germany. Gisela

Cindy Gay said...

Yours is even better than the one in the tutorial (TFS)