Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Wonderful Wednesday

What's funny is that I almost entitled this post 'Terrific Tuesday'. Sheesh, I'm not sure where my brain is sometimes. LOL!
A few art jouranl pages to share today....I actually used real ivy to trace this border & can't remember where I found the feather. 'We are more than conquerors, we don't have to be afraid, nothing is as powerful as His love.' --aaron shust
Copied somewhat from an image I found online.
This one was a journal prompt that I found in a book.....to trace/outline whatever was in your pockets or bag. I pulled random items from my purse & started tracing away. Will probably go back & eventually add some color. I like color.
I did the same here with the clover as I did with the ivy. Traced the real thing & then colored & added the verse. 'Then I was constantly at His side. I was filled with delight day after day rejoicing always in His presence.' Prov. 8:30 (NIV)

*************
Alli was googling different kinds of braids. She taught me how to do a five-strand braid for her & then she found this one that is a french braid (like to get her bangs back) around & then swooped up into a bun.
She wasn't totally pleased with this first attempt.....although I thought she did really well for her first time.
So, she went back & spritzed her hair with water....just damp enough to make it easier to braid.
She was able to get a tighter braid that she felt would really stay put & this time she didn't do the bun....just continued the braid on down the back. It's really pretty!

************

Continuing to count beautiful blessings......

Clay & the boys got our leak fixed out on the back porch*Justin Kintzel sang at church Sunday*my kitchen fan--a lifesaver in the summer with no AC* steaks on the grill* icecream for dessert* Chris had a safe trip to NC over the weekend*the coolness of the morning before it gets so HOT*
Boiled peanuts for a treat*orange chigger weed out in the field--so pretty*Chips & salsa from the Frito Co. store--.50 bags of Santitas. Thank You, Jesus!

1 comment:

Cindy Gay said...

Using live ivy as a template is a great idea and I love Alli's hair. Hope you're having a great summer.