Monday, June 25, 2012

Life Stuff

Didn't wake up til 7:45am this morning. YIKES! That's late for me. Didn't sleep worth a hoot last night. I had a headache--from breathing the left-over fumes from where Clay set off flea bombs upstairs yesterday afternoon I would imagine. Piddled around enjoying the quiet this morning. The boys left EARLY to go play golf, so only Ashley & I were up. Chris was off & he & Alli were still snoozing. After lunch I 'played' with my new vacuum cleaner. Isn't it funny that when it's new, it's FUN & cool to mess with. Then somewhere along the way it becomes a chore. Anyway...I vacuumed all downstairs. Not sure if it does a good enough job on the hard floors. Kept feeling like it was spitting grit out the back on me. We shall see. The kids are in 'cleaning mode' too today! Vacuuming upstairs & cleaning off their shelves. They want to put all their 'little kid' books into Rubbermaid totes to save & make room  on the shelves for their more 'grown-up' books & stuff. Clay stopped at Family Dollar for me while he was out & got them some totes. Clay & Chris also went to the DMV & insurance place this afternoon. Chris is all legal now & ready to drive his new car to work tomorrow. I know he's excited about that! Oh yeah.....Rocky bit the cr@p out of my finger earlier today. I took him out to go potty while the boys were out golfing & he had a little hissy-fit when I tried to take his harness off. He does this EVERY time when I take him out...not sure what the deal is with ME taking the harness off....but this time he bit me! Little terd!!  I will NOT be taking him out to potty anytime here soon. He got his butt spanked & Ashley 'benched' him. That's our version of a Time Out. LOL! If you set him on a chair (or in this case, the piano bench) he won't get down....even though he can.

This evening after supper, I sat outside on the glider with my cup of coffee & worked on my latest hooky project. I have 3 blankets going at one time right now....yes, that's right....THREE! But how could I resist when Clay asked if I would make a baby blanket for his boss at work who is expecting his sixth child. I was very flattered that Clay wanted me to crochet them a blanket. And they just found out last week that they are having a girl. So how perfect was it when Maw gave me these two bags of vintage baby yarn in white & pink. I'm using Lucy's ripple pattern. This is my first time making a ripple blanket & it's going very well. A very simple pattern without much brain work once you get that first row done. It's so relaxing to sit out on the porch & crochet while the sun creeps behind the mountain. What a nice way to end my day.



1 comment:

Sandee said...

I love the baby blanket. It is such a sweet pattern and looks great with the soft pink and white.