Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Memorial Day & Guitar Hero

Just more Blue Plate Special challenges here. The first one was a challenge to create a crumpled/pleated paper border that looks similar to a fabric ruffle. You just dampen the paper, crumple/scrunch & then kind of shape it until it's how you like it.....looking like a ruffly border strip. We were told to use the hot glue gun to stick it down, but I just used my trusty old stapler. I also lifted this LO design from my friend, Wanda. I loved the diagonal strips of paper!! The one below, was done for a sketch challenge with a twist to scrap just some everyday pictures & to 'dirty/grunge' up the layout a bit. I did alot of distressing on this one. First of all, I scuffed up all the edges....paper & photos alike. Added some black paint splatters to the background. Used some torn pages out of an old book. Some old corrugated cardboard & lots of inking! Perfect for a 'Boy' page!





No comments: