Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Peanutbutter Banana Smoothie

I found this recipe on Pinterest & have been wanting to try it out. Finally decided to give it a whirl yesterday afternoon. I tell you what....this smoothie was 'Da Bomb'! I think I would tweak it just a tad & cut back on the peanut butter just a smidge....but other than that, it was pretty amazing! And SO filling! Goodness gracious....I always drink my smoothies in this big mug & it's just right to keep the hunger at bay before supper time. But this right here was verging on TOO much! I'm sure the peanut butter helped to make it more filling....not to mention the fact that it has oatmeal in it too. I was SO full after drinking this.....& even by the time I sat down to eat supper.....I couldn't finish what was on my plate because I was still so full. I will keep that in mind next time......fix a smaller amount & drink it earlier in the afternoon....BEFORE 4pm.LOL!!

Here's the recipe if anyone's interested:
2 frozen bananas
1/4 c. oats
1/4 c. peanut butter
2c. milk
1/4 c. vanilla yogurt
4 Tbs. raw cacao powder

Put oats in the blender first & blend til powdery. Add remaining ingredients & blend til smooth.

*I didn't have the cacao powder...no biggie & I didn't use as much milk because I like mine thicker. Also added in 5 ice cubes.

2 comments:

Sandee said...

This sounds delicious. We are definitely going to try this one out!

Cindy Gay said...

Yummy! I just ate my natural peanut butter on graham cracker.........this looks great!