Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A Little of This & a Little of That....

I haven't cross-stitched in forever, but I saw this awesome Halloween cross-stitch magazine & fell in love! I just HAD to buy it. So, this is my first project. A little decoration for Ashley to hang up in her dorm room.
Alli pulled out her water colors the other night & started messing around....doing some abstract art. She wasn't sure if she liked it or not, so I told her NOT to crumple it up & throw it away....if she didn't want it she could please give it to me. I'm sure he will find his way into my art journal.
Speaking of Alli's art work in my art journal.....I ran across this old picture she had drawn me for Thanksgiving back in 2009. I cut it apart & used it in my journal.
Just a spread with some doodling. Seems I had some kind of circle theme going on. Lots of sharpie love.
Notice the date.....10*11*12.....I hadn't even noticed until someone on some blog pointed it out. Thought that was pretty cool. Paper layers & then lots of acrylic paint.
Watercolor base.....I was cleaning up Alli's little paint tray after her dog-painting session & decided just to dip my brush in some water & spread what was left on my journal page. No waste. ;-) Next I added a note that Ashley had written to Clay.....I love saving everyone's handwriting. Wrote my journaling on a little journaling spot & added it  in with some washi tape. Then I pulled out some of my faom stamps & my acrylic paints & stamped the date & those flowers. Oh & notice the saved postage stamp down in the bottom left corner.

3 comments:

Fatcat said...

Love the cross stitch and the dog painting is incredible. I'm glad you saved it from getting thrown away!!!

Cindy Gay said...

I really like the "Fall break" pages.

Kaye said...

The cross stitch is cute! I was a cross stitcher for years, but quit when I started scrapbooking. This year I've picked it up again. I'm kicking myself for getting rid of all my cross stitch supplies!