Sunday, March 10, 2013

Catch Up.....AGAIN!

This is going to be another one of those 'Catch-up' posts. I've had a busy week & with a snowstorm & loosing our power for 34 hours, I'm a little behind with my blogging. So, here goes!
 
First of all, a few art journal pages. It started snowing Tuesday night & we lost our power about 2am, so I had plenty of 'down' time to spend crafting on Wednesday. I did a little bit of everything.....cross-stitch, art journaling, crocheting.
'It's up to you to find Beauty in the ugliest days.'
Journal entry about the Frito Lay Banquet at the Hotel Roanoke. When you check in, each guest receives a warm chocolate chip cookie (YUM!) so I saved the little brown bag mine came in & taped it into my journal to use as a pocket holder for the little tid-bits of ephemera that I saved. The actual journaling about our weekend is behind the cookie bag.

*****************

While we were without power for 34 hours we pretended we were pioneers. We all agree it's so much easier to do without power in the winter. In the summer, it's just HOT & miserable with no way to cool off. At least in the winter, we have a fire in the wood stove & that makes it easier to cook to some extent too. Clay & Jon fixed a mean breakfast of side meat, eggs, toast (which they toasted on my wire cookie rack) & they even made coffee. We finally got our power back on thursday around noon.

***************
Friday was a big day at LU.....can you guess who was the guest speaker at convo.....
Tim Tebow!! Clay REALLY wanted to be there, but he had to work. Ashley was not nearly as enthused as the other hundred ba-zoodle girls on campus.....she is not a big sports person, at all. But she told me afterwards that she was really glad that she went & got to hear him. She says he's a really great guy with an amazing testimony!
 
Jerry Falwell, Jr., Tim Tebow & Ron Godwin
Tim Tebow was in town for the big men's Wildfire Weekend event at LU. And along with Tim, was Willie Robertson of Duck Dynasty.......
seen here with Becki & Jerry Falwell, Jr.

*************

Yesterday morning, Jon & I were up & at 'em EARLY. He took his SAT for the second time at Western Albemarle High School in Crozet.
Praise the Lord, that's over with now.....we are all officially on SPRING BREAK!!! And I'm so thankful that Jon says he felt much more confident yesterday than he did the first time he took it.
While Jon was testing, I drove on into Charlottesville since it was only 18 miles away. My first item of business was to locate the John Paul Jones Arena......since the girls (Alli & Cori) have tickets to go see Taylor Swift in Sept. Of course Ella & I are going with them, but I just wanted to make sure I knew right where I was going. It's very easy to get to, so we shouldn't have any problems. After that, I piddled around at Target, Good Will, the mall, etc. Sure does feel good to have all the pressing stuff behind us & now we have a week to relax & enjoy ourselves. The girls & I plan to take a day to go Easter dress shopping, get Ashley's hair cut & hopefully meet up with Maw, Sarah & Ella for lunch or coffee.

No comments: