Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Valentine Party

-Day 41-
Ashley & Ella scrapping at Maw's dining room table.
Today was our Homeschool Valentine/scrapping party at Maw's house.
Ella's mom, Shelly, had been wanting to learn how to make cards, so I printed off some sketch ideas, brought a bag of patterned paper scraps & we got right down to it. I showed her how a sketch that showed flower embellishments could be used replacing the flowers with snowflakes or even hearts to make a cute Valentine card. She was taking notes fast & furious writing down types of adhesive, pens, cardstock, paper trimmers, etc. After our card-making lesson, we did a few layouts. I was actaully able to get two most-of-the-way done. I still need to add the titles & do journaling, but I was pleased that I got as much done as I did. The kids sure enjoyed the awesome weather.....they played outside the whole time! Then tonight for supper...we had our Valentine dinner...since Clay will be working Sat. Ashley had been wanting to try the Tuscani Pasta from Pizza Hut & so Clay ordered it & we just stopped by & picked it up on our way home. Easy peasy supper. It was really good....just VERY garlic-y. :-P I'm STILL tasting it even now.

No comments: