Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Words


I picked this book up at our library last week & I'm just getting into it...about 4 chapters in, but it is AWESOME! Just thought I'd share a few excerpts with you & encourage you to read this for yourself!
A careless word may kindle strife;
A cruel word may wreck a life.
A bitter word may hate instill;
A brutal word may smite & kill.
A gracious word may smooth the way;
A joyous word may light the day.
A timely word may lessen stress;
A loving word may heal & bless.
~Author unknown
William Barclay said, 'One of the highest of human duties is the duty of encouragement....We have a christian duty to encourage one another.'
'Words-so innocent & powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good & evil they become, in the hands of one who knows how to combine them!'
~ Nathaniel Hawthorne

1 comment:

Babydoll said...

I have "The Power of a Praying Wife" by this author. I love it!