Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hooky Stripey Springy Goodness

Working on another smaller cushion cover...to go along with my other cushion I made & it will also match the Granny Stripe blanket when it's done too.

I spent some time working on this yesterday afternoon while watching 'Fifty First Dates'. Love that movie.



I'm really pleased with how its coming along. Like I said, it's smaller than the other one I did. This one is just 12"x12". I love finding these awesome little pillows/cushions at Good Will in the dollar bin & then crocheting nifty covers for them.



And remember that handful of little flowers I posted the other day? Well, here they are.






I hung them across my kitchen window. I needed something to replace the heart garland I had there for Valentine's Day. I kept saying last year this time that I needed a little flower garland to hang up & look all Springy-like, but I just never got around to it. But this year I did....thanks to Lucy & her wonderful patterns over at Attic24.


Just had to share a couple of pics that the kids took on Friday while they were outside enjoying these lovely spring-like temps.


Does this photo just not scream 'Hello Spring!' I love it...makes me think of that Newsboys song 'I am Free'
******************
I am free to run,
I am free to dance,
I am free to live for you,
I am free!









2 comments:

Sandee said...

You aren't trying to rush time along or anything like that, are you? We still have one full monthy left of winter here in Oregon!
;o)
'love your garland.....

Fatcat said...

I heard that song 3 times yesteday, twice at church and then on the radio coming home!