Saturday, February 12, 2011

This & That

After a slow start yesterday morning.....with frozen water pipes....the girls & I still managed to make it to town in time to meet Maw at Cracker Barrel for lunch. We had such a nice time....just the 4 of us....sitting in front of their big fire place with a warm cozy fire going enjoying our lunch & each other's company!

My second crochet project of the year finished. I had been wanting a red pair of fingerless gloves & so I whipped up a pair using my trusty pattern, BUT.....I added a little decorative touch to the edge....using Lucy's Bobble-shell eding. Love that little added touch!

After our errands.....on our way back to Walmart, I treated the girls to McDs for a little afternoon snack. Ashley got her usual non-fat iced vanilla latte & Alli got an icecream cone. We had to pull around & wait on Ashley's latte & while we were waiting, I realized we were sitting right under their big American flag. Just thought it was so pretty flapping in the breeze against a clear blue sky.

Rocky, this morning.....looking like a little prince snoozing on his cushion.




3 comments:

Momofgirls said...

Think I need to "order" a pair of those fingerless gloves for my freezing California girl at LU!

Amy said...

Hey, that could be done. I could hand-deliver them too. ;-)

Sandee said...

I love your gloves! What a cool, (or should I say warm) pattern!
I like the flag shot too.