Monday, March 28, 2011

A Quiver Full

Psalms 127: 3-5

'Lo, children are a heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that has his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.'


********************


It seems my kids have taken these verses to heart (at least for now...and I pray so seriously down the road). I'm not sure what got them started.....but they have been having major discussions about how many children they want to have & the names of them too. Some of them are talking 'Duggar-sized' families & it really thrills my heart to think that they are hoping for large families. I told them we would willingly add on here so as to accomodate the large gatherings of family/grandchildren here for times like Christmas & what-not in the future. Oh, that 'This Old House' would continue to ring with the loving sounds of family! And I really love that some of the names they have chosen are family names that have already been passed down through the generations......what a rich heritage to pass on! Some of the names I've heard tossed around this morning were: Blair, Grey, Virginia, Julia, Robert......just to name a few. Now, I know that they are just teen-agers talking now.....and of course all of this is subject to change....but it's good to have a dream, right?! I even told them I wanted each of them to write down all these names they've chosen & then give them to me (the family historian/memory-keeper) & I will make a layout about this. It will be fun to look back on years down the road & see how things compare. What a blessing God has given us in FAMILY!!

No comments: