Thursday, October 09, 2008

Randomness

* More 'Kitchen Math' yesterday. I was making a double-batch of oatmeal cookies...some for Chris & his room-mates & some for us to keep, of course. If I need 1/2 tsp. of salt, twice.....how much is that? 1tsp. And if it calls for 1 1/2 c. of flour how much will I need when I double that? 3 cups! Isn't Kitchen Math so much more fun than text book math? And I'm sure the whole visual aspect of actually SEEING it in real life makes it stick in the head a whole lot better. At least that's my hope. ;-)

* A funny from Michael......I was teasing them the other day about how much tea they drink. I swear sometimes that's all I do all day long is make tea. Anyway, he & Jon had just come in & poured HUGE glasses of tea....drinking up what was left in the pitcher & I made the comment (just teasing them) that my boys were 'Heavy Drinkers' & Michael instantly, without thought says, 'You cut me deep, Mom!' I tell ya......I thought Clay was going to fall in the floor laughing!! Doesn't sound quite as funny as I type it out here, but I tell ya, it sure was funny the other night!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Fatcat said...

We go through a gallon of tea a day here!