Thursday, May 14, 2009

Proverbs 31 Woman

Prov. 31 : 21 & 27-
- She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet(the best).
- She looketh well to the ways of her household & eateth not the bread of idleness.



I've always wanted to be this woman described in Prov. 31....one who works hard & takes care of her family. One of the ways that God allows me to do this is through my bargain-hunting. I'm so thankful that mom raised us up/taught us how to bargain shop.....shop those Clearance racks/end caps! And it thrills me to death to watch my daughters shopping like that already on their own. I just wanted to share a little recent example of this with my shopping trip to Old Navy last week...one of our favorite places to shop. If you know how to shop, you can find NEW clothes at the stores for LESS than you'd find at Good Will....IF you're willing to take the time to look & plunder through things. I got Ashley a bag of goodies for $12.......... two tank tops, one dressy sweater-type tank, a Tshirt, a 3/4 length sleeve top AND a hoodie! The most expensive thing in that batch was the hoodie for $2.47....everything else was either $1.97 or .97. Now, I didn't find anything else for any of the other kids that day...but that's just how it goes & they understand that. Alli had her turn back around her BD when I went in there & hit the jackpot for HER size....coming out with a big ole bag of clothes for her for only $18. God is so good to bless us the way He does!!

No comments: