Saturday, August 18, 2012

Good Grief!

Ugh, I had high hopes of just enjoying a quiet Saturday with nothing to do but catch up on laundry, but Noooooooo! Don't you know that Michael had to come running into the house earlier wanting to know if  I had any Benadryl for him because he had been stung by a hornet or something. Gave him a Benadryl & put ice on his finger. Then I remembered that post from Sandee's blog about the Plantain, so I ran outside, found some & chewed it up for him. Then after a bit, he came downstairs saying he was itching all over & had a red rash all over his arms, body & back.
  I called Clay at work & he talked to James who used to be an EMT. He told me to give him a second Benadryl & figured that at that point....it had already been about 45-50 mins.....he'd be ok....as long as his breathing didn't get labored. But since his breathing was fine at this point, he really thought we were safe. Poor thing is still laid out on the couch now with ice on his hand just resting. I'm sure the TWO benadryl are making him kind of tired. It's been a good 2 1/2 hours so I guess things will be ok. Jeepers....sure did stress me out though!

4 comments:

Sandee said...

Wow! Don't let that kid get stung again. You might need to have an eppi-pen handy. Sorry the plantain didn't work. Maybe it's my "magic" spit that does the trick!

Amy said...

Michael laughed about your 'magic spit'. His hand is still really swollen, but I think he'll be ok now.

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fatcat said...

Next time get some AfterBite. It works really well for me. If I get stung and don't use it, it looks like his arm, but if I use it, it goes away. I hope he's better today.