Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Ta-Da!!!!!

Finally, I'm totally & completely done with Alli's afghan. Washed, dried, all soft & fluffy & already upstairs on her bed. So, of course, I had to take some 'Ta-Da' photos & share a little of the specifics for those who care.
 
So bright & colorful. She chose the colors...most of the same colors she had in her smaller afghan.....with a few extras thrown in for good measure. I added in the red & orange....because it matched the stripes in the comforter on her bed.
The edging is done using Lucy's Granny Blanket Edging.
I tweaked it just a smidge....leaving out the second row.
There are 18 large squares & 68 small ones.....a grand total of 86 squares. It measures 63" x 48"
I used Red Heart Super Saver yarn in these colors: Shocking Pink, Carrot, Bright Yellow, Cherry Red, Lavender, Dark Orchid, Aruba Sea, Turqua, Med. Purple, Orchid & Spring Green.
And one last parting photo......

4 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Ah, a Mother's love! So pretty!

Fatcat said...

It's beautiful.

Susan said...

Spectacular! I absolutely love your vivid colors.

Kaye said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the purple edging.