Monday, December 31, 2012

Ringing in the New Year

The 'Bug' is still here at our house as we get ready to ring in the new year. Chris is better & actually off with Ashley C. this evening enjoying Winterfest. Ashley B. is pretty much better too.....but dang, if she still isn't barking her head off. I hear that cough can hang on a good while. But all the rest of them are still feeling pretty crummy. And especially Clay......he's always the biggest baby of them all. He's been laid out on the couch for most of the day. They've been watching a marathon of Abbott & Costello movies on TV today. They just finished up the 'Invisible Man' & now it's one about a  mummy. Can't beat these goofy old movies.
 
I watched some more episodes of Lucy this afternoon while playing in my art journal. This season 4 has Lucy & Ricky out in Hollywood & today they were hoping to meet Hetta Hopper.
 Sorry for the blurry picture......crappy indoor evening light. I should've waited to take the picture outside, but I was too impatient. I was really happy with the way this one turned out. I started slapping stuff down on the page with a little paint before I went to bed last night. And the rest of it came together this afternoon. I had cut the cool Maxwell House coffee ad from a magazine because that's the brand we drink......my favorite. It says: 'The line for a great cup of coffee is always shorter at home.' I have more pages that I have neglected to share here, but decided I'd better wait for better lighting before I try & photograph anymore.
 
Think I am going to take my knitting in here & curl up on the couch near the fire & enjoy some of these old movies with my family. Don't seriously think I'll make it til midnight, but we'll see.

No comments: