Saturday, March 30, 2013

Enjoy Your Life!

I Live in the Present & Enjoy Each Moment!
 
 
"This is the day which the Lord has made; we will rejoice & be glad in it."
Psalm 118:24
********************
 
'Part of God's will is for you to enjoy every moment of your life. Ecclesiastes 2:24 says, "There is nothing better for a man than that he should eat & drink & make himself enjoy good in his labor. Even this, I have seen, is from the hand of God." It is something we must do as an act of our will. Try reminding yourself throughout the day that God  is with you & the moment you have right now is a gift from Him. I was struggling with the whole concept of enjoying life until I  did a study on what the Lord had to say about it; now I know it is  His will & soemthing I am not only entitled to, but actually need. I need to enjoy life for myself, but also for Jesus, Who paid a very high price for me to be able to do so. "I came that they may have & enjoy life, & have it in abundance (to the full, til it overflows)" (John 10:10) " I have told you these things, that My joy & delight may be in you, & that your joy & gladness may be of full measure & complete & overflowing." (John 15:11)
 
****************
 
If it's God's desire that we enjoy life, then why are so many people miserable & unhappy? Perhaps it is because we fail to SET OUR MINDS to enjoy life. We can easily fall into a pattern of surviving & enduring rather than enjoying. But a new mind-set will release you to begin enjoying life like never before. The more you enjoy life the more enjoyable you will be. Meditate on & say repeatedly, "I live in the present & enjoy each moment!" Meditate on your day each evening & thank God for all the He brought you through & allowed you to do. The highest call for every child of God is to enjoy God.'
 
 
**Taken from 'Power Thoughts' by Joyce Meyer

No comments: