Saturday, July 13, 2013

Something About That Name

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus,
There's just something about that name
Master, Savior, Jesus
Like the fragrance after the rain
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
Let all Heaven and earth proclaim
Kings and kingdoms shall all pass away
But there's something about that name
 
I just read this recent blog post by Jenifer which you can read HERE.  Talking about the gentle power in the name of Jesus & how when we speak His name we bring heaven down.
 
Well, I experienced this first hand this morning. Our pet bunny, Jonsie was getting on up in years for a rabbit & he had a stroke the other day. Alli has been googling info & taking such good care of him. I'm SO proud her. But this morning he woke us up whimpering & making that distress call that rabbits make. She tried to give him some water & when he wouldn't take it, I just knew. He kind of struggled & as she sat caressing him, comforting him, I remembered reading Jenifer's post & I just began to pray & quietly sing this song. Asking Jesus to be merciful.....both to Jonsie & my sweet 14 yr. girlie. And I watched, before my very eyes, as Jonsie calmed & then just stopped breathing. It was amazing the peace I felt. We're sad that he's gone, but also glad to know he's not suffering anymore.


1 comment:

Jenifer Metzger said...

Amy,

Oh how this touches my heart. Our pets are family and when they are hurting, we hurt. My son lost his guinea pig about two months ago and it was heartbreaking. God heard your cries for mercy and let your daughter's pet pass without the pain and suffering. God hears us.

Thank you for your post and for stopping by my blog. God bless you.

Jenifer