Monday, September 30, 2013

It's that time of year......

 
Yep, it's that time of year again. Clay & Michael have been going to get fire wood most everyday that Clay is off.
Their goal is to get as much as they can out of the woods & then they can deal with the splitting & stacking as they have spare time. Opening day of bow season is next Saturday & they've got Buck Fever now.
This past weekend, Clay & Michael went to yet another Sportsman's Show in South Hampton, VA so Michael could show is big buck from last fall. He won several different awards. Two big plaques, two smaller ones & several certificates that we will get framed.
He won first place in the Eastern division  for Muzzle loader & he got second in the whole state for Muzzle loader. We are SO proud of him!!
While Clay & Michael were gone this weekend & Chris was at work, Alli & I enjoyed some quiet girly time. I spread my quilt out & enjoyed me some Hooky time in the warm sunshine. I started working on Anna's owl hat that I'm making her for Christmas.
After doing some cleaning today, I went back outside......just can not get enough of this awesome fall weather......& spent some more time working on the owl hat.
While I was sitting on the swing crocheting, I happened to glance up & I thought how pretty & 'happy' my clothesline looked with all the colorful hookiness hanging to dry.
And here we go.....ALMOST a 'Ta-dah' post....I still have to add tassles & few other little details & my 'Olivia Owl' hat will be finished.

******************

Counting My Blessings---
* The smell of clean clothes fresh off the line * Our firewood pile is growing * Jon took his OT exam this morning & feels like he did really well * Ashley took her math exam & passed----they are both so ready for Fall Break! * Slow-paced weekend * catching up on laundry * watching Monk * Michael's awards for his big buck!! We are so very proud * Mocking bird singing out on the grapevine post * dusting done * kitchen floor mopped *

No comments: