Thursday, April 16, 2009

Scrappy Day

-Day 105-
Yesterday was our Scrappy Day at Maw's house. We had Maw (of course) me, Ashley, Alli, Danielle & her kids, Sarah, Anna, Daniel, Shelly, Alley & Summer. We had such a fun time & celebrated Alley's 23rd BD too. Lots of yummy snacks, lots of scrapping & LOTS & LOTS of gabbing & laughing!! Oh & a couple of accidents too. Poor Ella...two out of her four kiddos went home with boo-boos. First Taylor fell off the bed & whomped the side of her head. Then a little later on, Jesse fell downstiars & busted his chin open. After some lovins & Doctoring by 'Dr. Maw' he was running around like a little wild man before we all left. So hopefully everyone will be good as new before too long! In all that commotion, I realized that I never pulled my camera out & took any pics. Shame, shame on my name! So, last night when we got home, I spread my stuff out on the table & took a pic of what I worked on yesterday. Didn't get any one layout totally done...I still need to do some titles & some journaling, but I'm happy that I got 4 put together at least!!
-Day 104-
My first attempt at Chicken Alfredo...we got the stuff from Pizza Hut on Valentine's Day & while it was ok, it was a tad strong on the garlic! So, I've been wanting to give it a try myself. The flavor in this was good, but it needs more sauce...it was a bit dry. Will have to tweak things a bit my next go round. Anyways...thought I'd share the recipe that I used in case any of y'all might want to try it.


2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts
4 Tbs. oil
1/4 c. butter
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
3/4 c. heavy cream
salt & pepper
1 lb. fettucine


Heat oil in skillet. Cut chicken into strips. Salt/pepper & fry.

Melt butter in saucepan; add cream & cheese. Cook over low heat, stir constantly. DON'T boil!

Cook fettucine. Mix chicken & alfredo together. Put sauce & chicken over noodles.


2 comments:

Shelly said...

Thanks Amy for the recipe! I personally thought it was delicious. Had a great time with you guys yesterday. Thank you for all your helpful ideas in scrapping. Love you

Sandee said...

I love seeing your scrapping pages so please post a photo when those are done.
That recipe sounds and looks delicious!