Ashley's been studying for her SAT test here lately.....vocabulary words these past few days. She has made herself flashcards & written the word on one side with the definition on the other (there's a vocab list in her SAT book) & she's been having different ones of us quiz her. I was listening the other night as she & Jon were going over words in the living room.....they were having a blast learning new words & the definitions & making up hilarious sentences to go with them. I just love hearing them have FUN while they are learning!! The cool thing is that the other kids are learning right along with her as they help her study. ;-) And 'I'm' learning some new words myself. Here are some of our favorites:
1.Reticent- inclined to keep silent; reserved.
2.Capricious- impulsive & unpredictable.
3. Magnanimous- courageously or generously noble in mind & heart.
4. Loquacious- very talkative.
5. Extrapolate-to infer or estimate by extending or projecting known information.
6. Enigma- A puzzle, mystery or riddle.
7. Convoluted-intricate; complex.
8. Astute- shrewd; clever.