Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thanksgiving Cards & Christmas Tags

Yesterday morning I made a couple of Thanksgiving cards for some special friends & was able to get them in the mail. Hopefully they will bring some encouragement & a smile to a few faces. That's my prayer anyway! I'm also in a Christmas tag swap over at Cookin' Up Creations
....and these are the tags I made. I started off with water colors & added a couple layers of color. When that was dry I moved on to the acrylic paints & added the stamped black circles. Then came the squares of text from an old book layered with a bit of doilie. On top of all that I stamped the star & then outlined it....all with acrylic paints. The final embellies were the old Chrismtas postage stamps from years past....the pleated strip of green paper & the buttons. The finishing touch was some fiber added to the original string on the shipping tag & there ya have it. These were SO much fun to make! I hope everyone in the swap enjoys them.

A close-up of some of the details......

3 comments:

Sandee said...

Well, what's not to enjoy about those fun, fun gift tags?! And who in the world saves old used Christmas postage stamps? Unless you're a philatelist, of course. Are you?

Amy said...

Ummmm.....no.....I just always save the Christmas stamps & use them on my projects.

Unknown said...

Hi there! Love those tags you made! So creative to use the stamp! Thanks for stopping by my blog! So glad to be able to visit yours today! Many blessings to you Amy!