Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy 4th!

We started off by heading to town this morning....the girls & I......& we met Maw for lunch at Applebee's. I was afraid there would be tons of people out & about today, but instead it was fairly quiet. I guess everyone was either at the lake or cook-outs or what-not today, so the restaurant & stores weren't too bad at all. We did our usual....Target, AC Moore, Old Navy, Barnes & Noble, Sams & then Walmart. Chris had to work this evening, so we didn't plan anything major. We just hung out here this evening. We grilled burgers & dogs & then while the coals were still hot, the kids made smores. Later on, we cut up a yummy watermelon that Clay got today & when it got dark enough we did our fireworks, sparklers, worms, snap N pops, etc. And our neighbors had some awesome fireworks going off all around us too.
Alli, Ashley & Michael roasting marshmallows.
Yum.....smores!!

and watermelon....


Of course Jon & Michael have to act like Goobers! ;-P

Now that I've got all my pcitures uploaded from the day...I'm going to sit down in here with Ashley & Jon & watch Jaws 2 until Chris gets home.







3 comments:

Juliet Diley said...

What awesome photos to remember 'the day'! Looks like you guys had a great day!

Wanda said...

Great pics, Amy! The s'mores look sooo good.

Kaye said...

Mmmm...s'mores! I love the picture of Jon and Michael. LOL!