Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hump Day

Busy day today...the usual every day stuff (laundry & all) plus getting things together for our party at the park tomorrow for Michael's BD. Ashley & I ran out to the library before lunch...she is reading the Beverly Lewis series for Young Adults--SummerHill Secrets & needed to get the next books--'Night of the Fireflies' & 'A Cry in the Dark'. She is really enjoying these!! Then we stopped by Food Lion to pick up a few things.........canned drinks for Chris to take to work, 2 liters for tomorrow, cinnamon buns for our BD breakfast (can't believe I had forgotten to get those!) Came home & fixed everyone some lunch, got my roast chickens in the oven & Chris off to work. Then I sat down to make Michael's card. Since I had all those paper piecing patterns pulled out, I went ahead & used one to make him this cute fishy card. After I got the card done, I wrapped his goodies & fixed my little treat bags.......nothing extra-fancy just some crayons, gum, candy, etc. After supper tonight, Ashley cleaned the kitchen up for me & then I got back in there again & baked cupcakes to take to the park & his cake for us to have tomorrow night here. Gonna put his cake in the freezer til tomorrw night & will ice the cupcakes when we get to the park. I'm just afraid as hot as it is that they will melt all over before we even get there. Anyway....I think all is pretty much in order now & I'm gonna go watch Harry Potter #5 with Clay, Ashley & Jon.

No comments: