Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Crocheted Stocking Ornament

When I was putting the decorations away yesterday, I held onto this little crocheted stocking ornament that I've had for years....don't even know where it came from....but was thinking how cute it was & that I could do that. So, I sat down today with some yarn scraps today while I was watching 'I Love Lucy' to see what I could come up with. Piddled for a bit, but was really not happy with the squared off, boxy look & wondered if I couldn't find a better pattern online. So, I googled & this is what I came up with............
I was really tickled with how it turned out. And it didn't take any time at all to do & best of all....all you need is some scraps. I'm working on my second one right now using green & hot pink. Think I'm gonna make up a bunch to put away & have for treats to give away next Christmas. ;-)

2 comments:

Tammy Folk said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!

Shelly said...

Amy! I love these little stockings. They are adorable...I want to relearn how to crochet and knit. I was trying to learn years ago and just needed someone to show me how. I gave up on it because I did not know what I was doing. Maybe sometime you could show me the stitch sometime. Love you! Have a wonderful New Years Day.