Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve

Today has been such a nice relaxing, fun day! I toted a bunch of my scrapping stuff into the living room so that I could scrap while Ashley & I watched the all day 'I Love Lucy' marathon. I actually got four LOs done today! Chris had to go to work this afternoon. I hate that he had to miss out on our traditional NYE dinner of grilled steak & shrimp. But, we did fix enough so he could have some tomorrow for his lunch. Not quite the same, I know, but it was the best we could do. ;-)Ashley was such a big help tonight in fixing supper. Clay taught her how to do the blackened shrimp that we put on the grill, so she worked on that while I did the fried ones & Clay manned the grill.
Here is one of the layouts I did today. Just some of those everyday moments that you want to remember. Michael had gone out & picked his okra one morning & was sitting at the table cutting them up getting them ready to put in the freezer.

Just a picture I snapped one afternoon to go along with a journal entry I ran across. 'It's not a BIG chore, but it sure does help me out in the a BIG way! I didn't realize what a big deal it was til Ashley started doing the dishes for me after almost every meal. It's one small way in which I really appreciate her help & the young lady she's growing into. -written-4/28/08-

The rest of my Christmas card pics from friends & family.
Pictures from Daniel's 4th birthday party. He had a fun-filled day with lots of friends & all his NC relatives.





2 comments:

Steph said...

Really cute layouts!

Sherri said...

Yummy...wish I had some of that meal right now!
Your pages look great!