Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Crafting

Ashley & I have been doing alot of baking here lately. Well, honestly SHE'S been doing it all. This past Thursday we made banana bread, 3 loaves of apple cake, oatmeal, peanut butter & chocolate chip cookies. Out of all those goodies, we fixed special treat bags for Chris & his room-mates.....kind of a special Christmas treat before they all head their separate ways over break & also to give them some munchies this weekend while they study for finals. This is my first ever attempt at crocheting a sweater....& I'm really pleased with how easy it was & how nicely it turned out. Since this picture was taken, I've added little blue buttons down the front & on each little lapel. This is for Clay's SIL who is expecting their first little one here in a few weeks.

This is one of my crafty projects for our 'Countdown to Christmas' over at CUC. I must admit that I got the idea for this from Inger (she is one crafty lady...full of the cutest ideas!!)
I started with this plain little wooden frame....$1 at Michael's, some scraps of patterned paper from my stash, Modge Podge & whatever little embellishments I thought suited each frame. Then I googled online until I found a site that gave names, their meaning & a Bible verse for each. I just typed up each name/meaning, printed it out & inserted it in the finished frame.

These are done for Ella's kids for Christmas.
And just in case someone wants to know.....here's the link where I learned how to do the little Lollipop flowers that I used on Cori's frame.





1 comment:

Angela L. said...

Love your gift ideas and for your first time at crocheting, you did an amazing job!!! wtg, girl!