Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine Preparations

Ashley & I went to see our first play of 2011 last night......'The Civil War'. This afternoon has been spent working on all kinds of Valentine goodies.

I baked a double batch of M&M cookies....some to take to Chris & his room-mates & some for my Valentines here at home. ;-) Ashley baked a yummy lemon cake to take to Maw's tomorrow for our party. It smells so good....can't wait to taste it!

Some left-over cinnamon candies from my treat bags. I thought they looked very festive in my little white china sugar dish.

Treat bags for the more 'mature' ladies that will be there tomorrow.


And as an after-thought I whipped up these little hearts to add as a decoration on their treat bags. I just tied them to the ribbon that was already there.

And while I was sitting there enjoying my afternoon cup of coffee, I worked a little more on my latest hooky project.....a pillow cover for Alli. She has a pillow cushion from our old sofa & has been after me for awhile now to make a cover for it. She wanted three wide stripes of hot pink, turquoise & purple so it will match her comforter & the afghan I made her a few years back. Will be sure & post some 'Ta-Da' pics when I get the whole thing finished. Think I'm going to take my Granny Stripes with me tomorrow & work on that while we visit. Hope everyone has a very happy Love Day tomorrow!






No comments: