Saturday, April 30, 2011

Ta-Daaaaaaaa..............

I have to tease a bit first & show y'all my latest scrappy creation. My cuz, Wendy is 'De-Light-Ful' in her floofy, ruffly black shawl thingie that she got for Christmas. I pleated & stapled the Christmas ribbon to mimic the ruffles she was wearing. We had so much fun that night!!


*********************

And without further ado........I give you my Granny Stripe blanket.


A close-up of the edging. First, I used the rose to make a row of granny clusters all the way around. Then 3 rows of double crochet in Honey Dew, Turqua & finally Carrot. And conintuing with the Carrot to make the last little row of picot trim.




Spread out the length of our bed in all it's loveliness!

And one final shot with my matching pillows & my hand-made-by-Aunt Mamie Sock Monkey.


Let's see.....some of the particulars.........The yarn & colors......I used Red Heart Supersaver yarn in 16 different colors which are as follows. Med. Purple, Lt. Blue, Cherry Red, Turqua, Honey Dew, Windsor Blue, Carrot, Gold, Aruba Sea, Burgandy, Corn Meal, Tea Leaf, Delft Blue, Pale Pink, Rose & Plum. 48 double striped rows. 88" long x 60" wide. It took me basically about 4 months to complete. I started it a little before Christmas time & finished it up a few nights ago. I totally enjoyed working on this & know we will enjoy USING it now!














2 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Very nice design.

Sandee said...

Oh my....it is beautiful. I cannot even imagine all the work that went into that. Is that on a double bed or queen size bed? Wow! It sure brightens up the room. I love it.