Sunday, May 29, 2011

Cherries, Strawberries & Scrapping

Some of the strawberry preserves that Clay & Ashley made. We cut up the rest of the strawberries & put them in the freezer to have for smoothies & what-not. Then Ashley & I pitted & froze several quarts of cherries that the kids had picked at Mason's on Friday. And Ashley made us a yummy cherry cobbler last night for dessert. Below is the layout that I worked on yesterday afternoon. One of the Blue Plate challenges over at Cookin' Up Creations this past week was to grab a handful of those little paint samples that you find at Walmart or Lowes & to use those to make some cute embellishments for your layout. I used to have a STASH of those things, but then the trend kind of died off & I purged my drawers & storage bins......so I had to make sure I grabbed a small handful when I went to Walmart on Friday.
I used a pale blue paint chip to punch the tiny little snowflakes. These pics were from Chris' 21st BD....last year.......when we got dumped on with like 18" of snow. What a memorable birthday!




2 comments:

Sandee said...

I cannot believe you are actually picking cherries! I don't believe we will even get to see a cherry on our tree this year. Nothing is happening to any of our fruit trees. I think they need sunshine which is not in abundance here yet.

Cindy Gay said...

Lovely preserves, photo and layout. Have a good week!