Friday, September 30, 2011

The Burnt Grilled Cheese

Too funny! Alli & I came home from town this evening & the boys met us at the door ready to help bring in the groceries like usual. But they were bursting at the seams to tell me how Michael had decided to fix his own grilled cheese sandwich today for lunch. Seems it didn't turn out quite as expected the first go round.

They said it was so burnt that none of the critters even wanted to eat it. He was asking me what temperature he was supposed to cook it on & I told him medium- low. He laughed saying he had tried to cook it on high the first time around. When that didn't work, he tried again & did it on medium that time & it turned out edible. I had to laugh! Was very impressed with his spunk at making his own grilled cheese & then not giving up on it til he got it right!

*****************************

Like I mentioned earlier....Alli & I went to town today. We picked Ashley up after her Bible class & we met Maw, Shelly, Mike, Ella & her kids for lunch at Cracker Barrel. We were able to go to a 'sit-down' restaurant because Ashley didn't have English class today & so she didn't have to be back until 2:55pm. We enjoyed a nice lunch & even had time for a little Target shopping afterwards. After dropping Ashley back off at school, Alli & I got our stuff at Sams & then made a quick run by AC Moore just to look around a bit. 


Couldn't resist taking a picture of Alli's artwork that she created while playing around with the Sharpie markers.
Mine isn't nearly as pretty as hers, but just wanted to share with y'all the fun we had in the craft store today.

************************

Also wanted to share a few pictures here.....especially for Sandee! I took my Bible cover to Maw last Sunday & after I ripped the seams out, we pinned it in place with the actual Bible & then I left it in her capable hands. She brought me the finished product today & I was so tickled that I just had to snap a few pictures when I got home to show you. 

THANK YOU so much!! I really, really love it!

2 comments:

AshleyMarieCates said...

LOL see, boys THINK they can make a home-made meal...until it turns into an EPIC fail! lol

Sandee said...

It looks like the measuarements I was given were way off. You'll have to send me the real measurements so I can try again. Did Ashley get hers?