Thursday, April 12, 2012

More sketches & challenges

Dot & Whimsy is our sponsor this month over at Cookin' Up Creations. We were sent this awesome crepe paper fringe to use on our projects. I got the Neapolitan colors & they've been so much fun to work with. And you'd be surprised at how far a yard of this stuff goes! I've done two layouts & a card & still have some leftover....enough for at least one more project, I'm sure.

I used the fringe to make two little flowers for this layout.....Ashley when she was about a month old.
A border for my pennants on this card.
Both the layout & card above were inspired by this awesome sketch I found at Get Picky.
Picture from my birthday.....at a Lady Flames basketball game. Jan challenged us to use the cool hexagons as seen in this sketch....
 
 Tomorrow is my turn to share a challenge at CUC & since it just happens to be Friday, April 13th.....I just couldn't resist tying that in somehow to my challenge. Besides the fact that I stumbled across a cool blog site called From Screen 2 Scrap! where they post challenges using movie posters as inspiration. So......here's my movie poster to get the inspiration flowing.................
Along with my sketch...........
This is what I came up with. Pictures from Alli's THIRTEENTH birthday, no less......how very appropriate! As you can see, I tweaked the sketch just enough to make it my own. I have the 3 photos lined across the bottom with the extra 2 above. And I used a scrap of cut up doily that I had leftover from another project for the circle part of the sketch. And of course my inspiration from the movie poster is my title & the pictures themselves as they are of Alli on her 13th BD. Oh & I almost forgot......you can see that I also used the crepe paper fringe on this LO too. Very frilly & fun for a BD layout!

1 comment:

Cindy Gay said...

Like the banner, hexagons and the young teen Ashley's pose!