Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Scrap Sketches

I just had a few more scrapbook pages to share that I've done over the past several days. As I said before, it's all about 'sketches' this month at Cookin' Up Creations ..... so instead of me going back & finding all the sketches to share along with my layouts, y'all feel free to hop on over there & check things out for yourself. There have really been some cool sketches....along with some fun twists posted this month.

'Mama's Munchkins'---- Can you tell this is an OLD one? Not sure why Chris wasn't in this picture....but anyway....this was taken at Maw's house. Ashley-5, Jon-4, Alli-5 months & Michael was almost 2. I fussy-cut the photo mat & some of the little bits & bobs that I tucked here & there. The 'twist' on this one was the fussy-cutting.
Chris' birthday pics from back in Feb. If you remember the deal with the candles (remember I just posted about our candle problems in Jon's BD post. LOL) I didn't have a '23' or any little candles so Alli said we had an '8' & a '9'.....why not put them on there as the year he was born....1989. Pretty clever how we figure these things out, huh?!
Another older one....if I remember correctly, I think they were both from the same year....1999. I had been cleaning out one of my 'junk' drawers & found these phonics flashcards from back in the day. I started to put them in the Good Will bag, but decided to save them to use for scrapping. I'm always seeing cute LOs done using old book pages, flash cards, game pieces, etc....so I just moved them from the junk drawer to my scrapping drawer. LOL! There was really no special occasion here.....so I found a flash card with the bike on it & created from there. Thus my silly title of  'Long 'i' Sound....as in pie, mice & bike'. I had alot of fun doing this one!
Lastly, some pics taken at Monticello (1999). Our friends from NC (Rodney, Amy & kids) were up for a visit & so we went to Monticello for the day. The twist on this sketch challenge was that the pictures had to include a building of some sort AND we had to alter a photo mat in some way. I had a piece of cardboard sitting on my table & so I just cut it to size, distressed the edges a tad & added some inking & voila!

1 comment:

Cindy Gay said...

So that's your candle story! All the layouts are very nice Amy!