Monday, September 03, 2012

Little Bits......

I canned 7 qts. of beans this past Saturday.....thanks to our neighbors, Mason & Gail. So nice of them to share with us! 
****************
I feel like I haven't scrapped in ages! One or two layouts all summer long.   I've truly wanted to scrap.....spend time looking at mags & saving layout ideas on Pinterest, but when I go to sit down at the table.....it's like I have scrapper's block or something. Anyway, I came across this awesome deal on Half.com the other day.
This Elsie Flannigan book for just  $2+. I kid you not!! Shipping & all it was just a tad over $5. I had seen it before in the craft stores, but never buy these books unless I get a really good deal on them. Well, I figured for this price I was bound to find SOME sort of inspiration to get me motivated again.
And here's the layout I was inspired to create! Large frame cut from patterned paper. Flowers & arrows cut from  different pieces of paper. I added some buttons, hand stitching & some cute little ticket accents from my stash. I love how it turned out & already have a couple of other layout ideas planned out.
Some more art journal pages. I loved that tree with the owl.....a Bo Bunny ad, if I'm not mistaken that I cut from a magazine. The verse around that reads: 'He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water....' Psalms 1:3
 This spread here was inspired by a new blog I recently found Happy Reminders. She's a very talented lady.....you should check it out, Sandee.......she's got some lovely quilts on there too! Anyway, I loved how the tree went up the middle & spread across both pages. Again, nothing fancy.....but I sure am having fun & I guess that's all that counts.

3 comments:

Fatcat said...

I'm loving your art journal. It' cool.

Sandee said...

I'm glad you knocked down your scrapping block wall! Your journal is awesome. You are something else, girl! I'll check out the blog you mentioned. And as a "teaser".... I'm putting something in the mail for you today.

Cindy Gay said...

I love Elsie Flanagan and your art journaling is as good as it gets. Great looking canned vegetables too! Hope you had a nice holiday.