Sunday, September 23, 2007

Crochet Granny Square


I had a request for the pattern to the Granny Squares I had posted a few days ago, so here goes:



Granny Square
ch. 4, join with slip st to form ring.
Rnd. 1: ch 3 (counts as first dc, now & throughout), 2 dc in ring, ch 2, (3 dc in ring, ch 2) 3 times; join with
slip st to first dc: 12 dc
Rnd 2: slip stin next 2 dc & in first ch-2 sp, ch 3,( 2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in same sp, ch 1 * (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in
next ch-2 sp (shell made), ch 1; repeat from * around; join with slip st to first dc: 4 shells.
Rnd 3: slip st in next 2 dc & in first ch-2 sp, ch 3, (2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in same sp, ch 1, 3 dc in next ch-1 sp,
ch 1, * work shell in next shell (ch-2 sp), ch 1, 3 dc in next ch-1 sp, ch 1; repeat from * around; join
with slip st to first dc.
Rnd 4: slip st in next 2 dc & in first ch-2 sp, ch 3, (2dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in same sp, ch 1, ( 3 dc in next ch-1 sp, ch1)
across to next shell, * work shell in next shell; repeat from * around; join with slip st to first dc; finish off.


Well, I actually got some stuff accomplished this afternoon! Did my DT layout for the Sept. 30th newsletter.....can't post that just yet, but I will share the LO I did for the last newsletter entitled 'Don't Blink'....using the lyrics to Kenny Chesney's latest song. Also finished reading 'The Quilter's Legacy'. Now I can't wait to get the next one in that series....guess a trip to the library is in order for tomorrow afternoon. Worked some more on Anna's afghan....almost have all the edging done & then I can put it together. Need to sneak a picture of Alli's afghan to show everyone. She knew I was making it for her for Christmas, but she hasn't seen the finished product.....have it tucked away in the wardrobe away from prying eyes. Made a pot of chicken & dumplings for supper & now, I have kiddos upstairs showering & getting ready for bed. Need to go print out my new schedules for this coming week...I think everything else is in order. Will see how this works!

No comments: