Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Ashley's Art work

Ashley has been on a scrapping jag here these past few days & I am loving all her layouts! Just HAD to share some of them here with y'all.This picture of Jovi was taken Christmas morning in front of the tree. Ashley has lifted most of these layout ideas from my scrapping mags (just not quite sure which ones to give credit to, but anyway.) Note the use of the photo corners on the blocks of patterned paper here. She even painted them to match her LO....they were lavender to start with.
Love this one of Bunny & especially how the colors in the buttons bring out the color in his eyes. His eyes showed up as one blue & one green the way the flash hit them & so the buttons really show this off.

This was a clay sculpture that Ashley had made & she named him Les the Fish. I'm really proud of her chipboard title letters here...she traced the letters onto cardboard, covered them with patterned paper to match her LO & then modge-podged over them to give some shine. Way to go my 'Frugal Scrapper'. ;-)

Just a simple layout about Jonesie & how he came to live with us.

This is a picture of the folder that Ashley made Maw for her BD...she got the idea from one of her Brio mags. This is also her first attempt at stitching on a layout & I think she did a terrific job!





6 comments:

Kaye said...

Ashley did an amazing job!!!

Jovi is so pretty. And you know I love Bunny!

Robin said...

Oh Amy...these are fabulous. I've been so busy and out of sorts in the past weeks that I haven't been able to catch up on all that is going on in your world, but I did see that there are new babies at your house. How many did she end up having..I love KITTENS!!

Amy said...

5 kittens, Robin....one gray/white, one yellow, two yellow/white & one calico that looks just like mama. You need one? Clay said he'd ship Priority Mail! LOL ;-)

Babydoll said...

Hey Amy! Looks like Ashley is a natural!! So far, I've sold two things on Etsy. From what I hear, it kind of takes a while for people to recognize your work and style. I'm not giving up yet!! :) Thanks for stopping by My Place to see me.

Kaye said...

5 kittens? I've got the perfect names for them: Zip, Gumbo, Pierre, Simone, and Punjabe!

Fatcat said...

These are great! My daughter has started a scrapbook for 4H, for the Pets club and it is going to be about our cats. I'll let her look at these for ideas.