Sunday, April 27, 2008

How I spent my Sunday Evening......

After supper this evening, Jon & Michael headed off down to the pond to do a little fishing. In a few minutes Michael came busting through the back door saying he had a hook in his foot! Now, I really didn't believe him at first because he wasn't crying or acting hurt or anything.....just his normal goofy, silly self. But then he showed me......thank goodness it was just a tiny little brim hook, but still..........stuck in the TOP of his foot! I grabbed the phone & called Clay real quick....it was 10 minutes before he was supposed to get off work & I wanted to catch him & tell him in case he thought I needed to bring him to the ER....he could just meet us there. Some of you may remember that this happened to Jon a few years back. But when I told him it was a brim hook, the CRAZY man told ME to just pull the hook out! Yeah right. So we hopped in the van & went over to Mari's house (my cousin). Praise the Lord her hubby is an EMT (comes in handy some times.....you just don't know the times we've made a run over to their house or called him to come here.) After much praying & jiggling & icing it down to make it numb & Michael throwing up his chicken & dumplings over their porch rail, David was finally able to get it out! And he couldn't get over how calm Michael was the whole time......other than puking that one time, he sat perfectly still through the whole thing. That's the way he was when he was 4 years old & had to get stitches in his chin. Clay said the Dr. & nurse just couldn't get over the fact that this little kid wasn't freaking out, but just lay there so calmly. All is well now & he is tucked into bed none the worse for wear. And of course you folks KNOW I have the hook in a ziploc bag all ready to go on his scrapbook page about the incident. Now he will have a fish hook story to match Jon's.


2 comments:

donnamusing said...

OH MY!!! I'm glad it came out ok! That is crazy! I didn't know David was an EMT, learned something new :)

Kaye said...

There's never a dull moment with boys in the house, is there?