Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Saving Money When You Have No Time

'The Mad Hatter lifestyle gave me a new respect for those who have asked, "But what if you don't have time to do all those thrifty things?"'

Purchasing a marked-down toy in January for a May birthday requires the same amount of time as paying full price at the last minute............I'm always picking little things up here & there when I find a super bargain & tucking them away for BD or Christmas gifts.


If you plan meals a day in advance you will not have to thaw a frozen piece of meat in the microwave.............My meals are usually planned out a week in advance, so I hardly ever use the microwave for thawing. Like the other day....I had bought two chickens to do rotisserie chicken....I try to plan so I don't have to freeze/thaw them. I season them the night before, place in ziploc baggies in the frige overnight to marinate & then cook the next day. I even go so far as to plan for special days like yesterday when I knew we'd be gone most of the day & would need something quick & easy for supper. So Manwiches were on the menu for last night. Pulled the burger out before we left for Maw's house & then all I had to do was heat that up, throw in some tater tots & baked beans & we had a quick supper BEFORE 7pm last night!


**again, these excerpts were taken from 'The Tightwad Gazette'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.