Friday, March 28, 2008

Outside My Window

Was sitting here at the computer resizing some pictures from yesterday & this is what I saw. My two girlies laying on he quilt having some 'Sister' time together. I love catching little moments like this! The picture's not so hot because it was taken THROUGH the window...screen & all...but I love it. ;-)
This one's for Kaye......our babies have their eyes open now & they are SO adorable!

Yesterday was Bunny's 4th BD & he was spoiled to death all day long. (Like he isn't spoiled all the time anyway...Ha!) Here is enjoying some special kitty treats.

And our special dessert of the day yesterday...strawberry cheesecake! And boy was it YUMMY!! I told Clay I felt like 'Suzy Home-maker' yesterday. I baked a cheesecake yesterday morning, made home-made chicken salad for our lunch & then baked ziti for supper. Thought I'd share the cheesecake recipe here for any of you that might be interested.
Philadelphia Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake
1c. graham cracker crumbs
1c. + 3 Tbs. sugar,divided
3Tbs. butter, melted
5 pkg. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
3Tbs. flour
1Tbs. vanilla
1c. sour cream
4 eggs
1/3c. strawberry jam
Preheat oven to 325. Combine crumbs, 3Tbs. sugar & butter. Firmly press mixture into bottom of foil-lined 13x9" baking pan. Bake 10 mins.
Beat cream cheese, 1c. sugar, flour & vanilla in large bowl using electric mixer. Add sour cream, mix well. Add eggs one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition. Pour over crust. Lightly drop small spoonfuls of jam over top of batter. Using a knife, cut through batter several times to create marble effect.
Bake 40 mins. or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
** For a lower fat version, I only used 2 reg. cream cheeses, then 2 lowfat ones & one fat-free.




2 comments:

Kaye said...

Happy Birthday to Bunny!!! I love Bunny!!!

And thank you for posting a kitten picture. I've been wanting to see them.

Robin said...

Oh my goodness, Happy Birthday Bunny and look at those babies. I love kittens, but then they grow up and you have lots of cats, ha. I love cats, but finally have accepted that 1 cat and 1 dog in the house is exactly the right amount for our house. I did a layout with Romeo in it this weekend, hopefully will get it posted in my blog soon.