Monday, January 25, 2010

Fabulous Forty-Five

I couldn't have asked for a better birthday this year! We started the celebrating on Friday (for Alli's BD & mine) with a Girly Lunch at O'Charley's. Maw, Sarah, Anna, Daniel, Ella, Cori, Taylor, Ashley & Alli were all there. We enjoyed yummy grilled chicken salad & a special BD dessert 'on the house'. Then Saturday Ashley proclaimed a 'Girly Day' at home. We stayed in our pj pants all day & had a chick flick marathon along with some scrapping. We watched 'While You Were Sleeping', 'The Kid' & then Saturday evening, we watched 'Julie & Julia'. What an awesome movie!! We now have a few Julia Child books on hold at the library.....her biography & some of her cook books. Isn't it fun how a 'Unit Study' can come out of watching a movie together. We may even cook up a Julia Child recipe to round out our impromptu study. ;-) And I must mention here that Ashley wouldn't allow me to wash a single dish ALL day on Saturday.....I tell ya, what a sweet, sweet girl! Clay brought me these beautiful roses when he came home from work Saturday evening. We will go out to eat & celebrate (just the two of us) one night soon since he was working Saturday.

Ashley also baked me these yummy Red Velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. Mmm-mmm! Oh & I can't forget all the sweet BD wishes that I received on my scrapping message board & also on facebook. I am SO blessed to have so many wonderful friends! The celebrating continued on yesterday. After church, we all gathered at Maw's house.....Sarah & family & Chris too....for BD lunch. Maw got chicken from Kroger & we had baked beans, tater salad, slaw, rolls & apple/cranberry crisp with whip cream for dessert. I don't know why folks always seem to make such a big deal about having birthdays & NOT wanting to celebrate. Not me, Honey......I say bring on the partying & let's celebrate another year in which God has blessed me beyond measure!!

1 comment:

Sandee said...

We too have been blessed with your presence! Enjoy! Enjoy!