Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Homemade Granola

Ashley made this for Maw for Christmas & she was asking if we would share the recipe. I figured I'd just post it here in case anyone else wanted to give it a try. Can't remember if I've posted this on here before or not, but anyways.....here it is again.

2 c. oats
1 c. sliced almonds
1/2 c. honey
1 Tbs. butter
1/2 c. raisins
1 Tbs. light brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. almond or vanilla extract


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease baking pan & set aside. Toast oats & almonds, (I just spread them out on a pizza pan) stirring occassionally for 15 mins. Remove & reduce heat to 300 degrees. While oats are toasting, combine honey & butter in small sauce pan & heat til butter is melted. When oasts come out of oven, transfer to lrg. bowl. Add honey, butter, raisins, brown sugar, salt & almond/vanilla extract. Stir to combine. Transfer to baking pan. Cut wax paper & place on top of granola mixture. Press firmly into pan. Remove wax paper & bake for 20 mins. Cool completely & cut into bars. Actually ours is more like breaking into pieces instead of cutting into bars, but whatever. It sure is yummy! Great topping for your yogurt. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Sandee said...

Tell Ashley thanks! I haven't made granola in a long time. Guess I can mess up my kitchen this weekend with some oats and honey!