Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Cookies to Share

Today Ashley & I fixed a plate of cookies to take out to our 'Library Ladies'.....we love them to death & have gotten to know them all so well over the years of going out there at least once a week. They are so sweet & helpful & this is just our little way of saying 'Thank You' to them. Since we had PLENTY of cookies from yesterday's party, we decided that we'd also fix a plate to take to Joyce & Jack down here on the corner at Shipman Auto Repair.....they are ALWAYS there for us...helping us out with our vehicles. You couldn 't ask for better folks. And last but not least, we dropped a plate full off at the PO. I think this is ONE of my favorite things about living in a small town out in the country.....you just get to know everyone so well. Such a feeling of 'community'On another note....my college boy came home today!! I just can NOT believe that this is his last Christmas as a college student. Good grief.....just one more semester left & this season of his life will be behind him & he'll be on to the next phase of life. So thankful for God's promise in Jeremiah 29 : 11 ~ 'I know the plans I have for you....to give you a hope & a future.'


OMG.....don't you just LOVE this festive little garland?! I snagged this photo from Attic24......who would've ever thought to string little mini pom-poms together to make a garland.
And I have GOT to make me some of those beautiful snowflakes! Maw has some on her tree that Memaw made & I just love them.
*************
Calling for snow/sleet starting sometime late tonight/early tomorrow morning.....they say we could get about 3-5". I'm all for it as long as I don't have anywhere I need to go, so' let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!' The boys are getting plenty of firewood up on the porch as I type & Clay has gone to make the dreaded bread & milk run! *insert me rolling my eyes here* We NEEDED bread & milk anyway.....we're not running to the store because they are CALLING for snow like all the other goonies around these parts. Seriously......I hopt there's still some bread & milk left for Clay to get.

No comments: