Thursday, December 16, 2010

Snow Day

We woke up to snow this morning! And Crazy Michael got up & went hunting....I told you he was a die-hard hunter! Since Michael was hunting, that left me to take Rocky out when he had to go this morning....
He loved the snow! Was having a ball running all over & sniffing it & trying to 'bite' the snowflakes as they fell.


Ashley & I have spent the afternoon working on more crochet projects. I made this little birdie decoration following one of the patterns over at Attic24. Ashley loved it & wanted to make some for her friends for Christmas......so this is what we've been doing while enjoying the wood stove & watching the snowfall FROM INSIDE! Throw in a few episodes of NCIS & I'd call it a perfect afternoon. While we were crocheting....Alli said she heard a knock at the back door. I just figured considering the time of year, that it was most likely UPS/USPS with some kind of package. Just so happened to be David J. filling in for the UPS guy.....he (UPS guy) had come by David's work & said he had a package for our address & he just didn't think he would be able to get up our drive, so David volunteered to bring it to us. That always awaited & looked for box from Iowa....from Aunt Vada. Even though my girlies are 12 (almost) & 17 they were giddy with excitement as we tore into that box! Don't you just love this time of year & how precious certain traditions are! I still remember when I was their age & just fairly bursting at the seams to get my hands on that box from Iowa!! Aunt Vada will go down in the history books for her famous treats! She always....I mean ALWAYS know just what to get! That's exactly what the girls were saying as they dug into their nail polishes......dark shades of navy & purple/plum for Ashley & french tips for Alli......they were like she got each of us just the right colors.....how does she know?! Thanks 'Baga & Bowl' for making certain Christmas traditions so special! We love you guys big bunches & can't wait to see you this week!!!! Be safe as you travel!

No comments: